Where's all the furniture?
All settled in my new house & I love it. It's very big by Japanese standards (especially for one person) & it's also very bare. On the right is the loungeroom - my thermorest (bottom left) makes a great couch! I just got the desk & stool yesterday - my first furniture!
On the left is my bedroom with my very warm & comfy futon. Sleeping on the tatami mats is much nicer than floorboards.
To the right is the dancefloor which comes with a handy kitchen - who could ask for more?!?!?!The recylcling station is out of view on the left but I'm gonna leave that story until later.
The entrance (where shoes are to be removed) is behind the big white column. The bathroom is on the right off the dance floor at this end & the toilet is to the right of the window you see top right.
I was very excited when I moved in to find that I had a proper Japanese toilet! If you're wondering what that is - check out the picture closely.... all those power cords mean I never have to sit on a cold toilet seat!
I haven't done much decorating but I couldn't resist this to brighten up the loo. I also got the matching hand towel holder. One of many bargains I've picked up in the 100 yen shop!
And one last house photo - the view from my balcony! It's big enough to sit out on, although I think locals just use it to hang washing out. I've sat out there in the morning sun a few times & read the paper. It was a little cloudy this morning so I'll update it with a better photo on a sunny day! As for the weather in Okaya I thought Spring had arrived but it disappeared again with the temp dropping back below 10 degrees. I'm still waiting (impatiently) for Sakura which has been & gone in most of Japan! I am taking Japanese lessons at a community place & if the weather is fine we have a Hanami party tomorrow, although I don't think there will be any cherry blossoms to view. If it's raining, it's classroom study as usual - the forecast is for rain.
2 comments:
Oh noes, you have been sucked into the hello kitty trap. So when do the Pink Hello Kitty Inflatable chairs turn up ?
nice stool, nice wheels, nice toilet!
it looks like you're having a ball, i sooo want to be over there now that i've seen the awesome photos.
Try not to party too hard!
love Telstra (not Woody)
Post a Comment