Saturday, April 28, 2007

Road trip with Darren Day 1

Day 1
It started with hangovers all round after a fun night of yakitori, karaoke & warm sake. As a result we headed off 4 hours behind schedule driving through the Kiso Valley, where the temperature hit a low of 5 degrees around 1:30pm. We were on our way to 犬山, pronounced Inuyama with the kanji meaning Dog Mountain.

We stayed in a Ryokan complete with yukata, the most unbelievably delicious & huge evening & morning meals as well as a rotenburo, I was the only one in the girls public bath but you can ask Darren about his experience....

Our evening meal was served in our room, I thought there may have been a restaurant for all to eat in so I asked (in my broken Japanese) if everyone eats in the room, which was interpretered as "does everyone eat in our room" needless to say she kindly replied that only WE eat in OUR room, after which she realised what I had meant & we had a good laugh.

We were unable to finish all the delicious food & as you can Darren needed a digestive rest at the end!

No comments: