Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Road trip with Darren Day 5

We got up reasonably early & had a delicious hotel breaky & afterwards wandered to this coffee truck we had found the day before. I must admit, as it says, the coffee from Cafe-Ya was pretty delicious.









Another quick photo before heading off on the next part of the journey.

We made our way south over yet some more beautiful mountains & eventually found the coast again.

We stopped somewhere along the way at a surf beach & this place was heaving with surf goers. Everyone was decked out in steamers but Darren & I thought we'd brave the water anyway for a dip. I got cold after about 5 minutes but Daz body surfed for well over half an hour amongst the board riders.

It was so nice to swim & I wished it was just a little warmer to enjoy it longer.

I was getting pretty tired & grumpy by this point & we spotted a campsite on a map & made our way there. This turned out to be quite a bit posh & a little expensive but all in all completely worth the yen.

We made a brief stop at a lookout on the way & hoped things would be just as nice at the camp ground.

I asked for a campsite with a view & we weren't disappointed. Daz set up the hammock & the grumpiness started to slowly dissipate.

We dined gourmet style tonight with camembert & bikkies followed bbq'd sausages, made into sandwiches naturally with a side of salad. Of course this was accompanied by a few beer.






The camp ground had a few nice viewing areas & it was a great place to watch the sunset & the evening stars.

No comments: