Saturday, August 05, 2006

松本 ぼんぼん

Just got home from 松本 ぼんぼん (Matsumoto Bon Bon) - a three hour dancing in the street festival - 楽しかったね (it was fun)! I was dressed appropriately for the occasion.

There were loads of groups taking part. The dancing started at 6pm & they danced for 20 minutes, then had a five minute break & so on until 9:30pm. The same music played the whole time but it was fun, not monotonous.

Lots of groups had members of all ages & almost all wore matching clothes, often in traditional styles...

... and some were not so traditional...

All groups had an esky type thing on wheels full of drinks for the evening!

The dancing actions were pretty much the same in each group but some added their own special moves - like this tae kwon do group above.

...and by the end of the night there was a just a lot of drunken jumping around going on!

By the end I knew most of the moves & was doing a little dancing on the side but next year, I'm gonna find a group to join for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look very japan-ish tash. Festival sounds like fun and wondering if the jumping up and down was a bit like Japanese-mosh pit...or not? I think you are lucky not to have had an eggcident whilst dancing in your shoes with long kimono skirt. Squeak xx